An emotionally safe space for making meaningful connections, doing things that bring you joy, and being your most authentic self.
Find like-minded peers with whom you can connect. This group is for you, if you:
- Sometimes feel isolated, lonely, or frustrated trying to exist in environments that don’t feel accepting.
- Fear that spaces may not be physically or emotionally safe for you keep you from making meaningful connections, doing things that bring you joy, or being your most authentic self.
- Have experienced or fear rejection by friends, family, or coworkers.
- Feel depressed and/or anxious due to your queer identity, body image, self-esteem, self-censoring, safety concerns, discrimination, or stigma
- Desire a safe space to ask questions and process thoughts, feelings, and emotions around your queer identity.
Our group meets every Wednesday from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM at our offices in Brentwood, TN.
In this group, you are:
- Part of a community that supports and understands you.
- Empowered to live authentically and embrace all parts of yourself
- Supported in your ability to cope with any challenge
1st and 3rd Wednesday from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
At Bright Horse Counseling located at 5409 Maryland Way, Suite 130 Brentwood, TN 37027
$60 per 90-minute session. Please reach out to us if this rate impacts your ability to attend. A portion of the cost may be reimbursable by insurance, and we have sliding scale pricing avalable.
The Group Process
This group is an open group, which means that new members can join at any time unless the group itself decides to close to new members.
Each group will create its own norms and practices regarding attendance, absences, and policies. By actively participating in the development and maintenance of group norms and rules, members contribute to a sense of ownership and empowerment within the therapy group.
This collaborative process fosters trust and cohesion, which are vital for the success of group therapy. The full group will meet in person with each session lasting roughly 1.5 hours.
A typical group session includes a combination of:
Discussion at the beginning of the group to hear insights from the previous session and get a sense of others’ thoughts, feelings, and experiences with the content being discussed
Explanation of relevant science, research, or literature to provide a better understanding of the topic for that session
An individual activity to help participants explore their own beliefs, values, and desires
Meet Your Facilitator